A quick overview of the Agency's workflow of managing tasks in TMS
- Accept an offer:
Task will move from Offered to Awaiting Assignment
- Agency lead wants to take this task for themselves to complete, without assigning to a linguist:
Complete the task normally from Awaiting Assignment by opening HSTE / Review Tool.
- Assign the task to a linguist:
Awaiting Assignment - Use the Assign button.
Task moves to Work in Progress section.
- Linguist completes Task, Agency Lead reviews work and returns to TBW:
Work in Progress -> Use Review tool button to see the completed translation by the linguist and Agency Lead completes in Review Tool after review.
- Re-assign the task to another linguist or Agency lead "Picks up" the task from linguist, if they can no longer complete:
Work in Progress -> Use Re-assign or Pickup button
A full breakdown of the Agency's workflow of managing tasks in TMS
The Agency Lead user should log into https://gms.thebigword.com with their username and password. Select the blue thebigword tms – Linguist Tasks tile to view the Agency task list page.
The agency lead’s portal contains 7 tabs or sections as follows:
This is the first point where the offers are listed for the linguists to accept. If the offers are still available, they will have both Accept and Decline buttons against the task.
Tasks picked up by the agency lead appear in this section.
Once the offer has been accepted, the task will firstly appear under the Awaiting Assignment section.
Work in Progress:
Any tasks which are currently assigned to someone and in progress display here.
Tasks completed by the agency from “Work in Progress” section are moved to “Completed” tab where they will be ready for invoicing.
This tab contains all the invoiced tasks. Invoices can be re-printed here.
Used by the agency lead to set up the team. Team members can be invited to join the team or deactivated from the team. The agency lead can assign tasks to anyone who is an active member of the team.
How to Setup my Agency Team?
A team needs to be set up in order to assign tasks to another linguist other than team lead. The Team Management section from the Task list is used for creating and managing teams.
- First, the agency leads need to send an invitation to ask the linguist to join the team.
- Click Invite User to start this process.
- Once the invitation has been sent out, it will be listed in the invitations box as shown below:
- The linguist will receive an email which contains a link to create a password for the 'gms' account.
- The username will be the email address.
- Once the linguist has created the password using the link sent out in the invitation email, the user will be listed in the Team Members box as shown below:
How do Agency Team Members login to their TMS Task List?
- Linguists need to log in from https://gms.thebigword.com with their email address and the created password to go to the 'tms' task list.
- The linguists only have the following 2 tabs in the task list:
Current and Completed .
- Once the linguist has completed the task, it moves to the Completed section in their task list.
- In the Agency portal, the task is updated in the Work in Progress section for the agency’s final review before submitting the file.
How to Accept the Tasks from Offered Section?
- The agency lead user has to accept/decline the task from Offered section.
- TM Breakdown and specialism details can be seen by expanding the offer.
- Once accepted, the offer moves to the Awaiting Assignment tab**.
** If the offer is pre-scheduled, the offer remains in the Offered tab with a status of Prescheduled Accepted. When the file becomes available, the offer moves to “Awaiting Assignment” section. For example; project managers can pre-schedule proof-reading tasks before translation is complete. When the translated file is returned by the linguist, the offer moves to “Awaiting for Assignment” tab.
How to assign a task to a team member?
- The task has the following 4 buttons:
Assign, Split files, Preview and Open Editor/Open Review Tool.
- Select the Assign button to assign the task to one of the team members.
- Once the task is assigned to a team member, the task disappears from Awaiting Assignment tab and appears in the Work in Progress section.
- If the agency lead wants to pick up this task, they can directly open the file using Open Editor/ Open Review tool from Awaiting Assignment tab to make changes in the file. They do not have to assign the task to themselves in this case.
- If the agency lead has completed the task without assigning to any team members from the “Awaiting Assignment” section, the task moves straight to the Completed section.
How to Re-assign a task to someone else in Work in Progress section?
- After the task is assigned to a linguist, and want to re-assign it to someone else or the agency lead user wants to pick it up for themselves,.
- Expand the main task from “Awaiting Assignment” section.
- When the agency lead picks up the task, it appears in the Current tab. The task needs to be completed from the Current tab first and then need to be finalised from the Work in Progress section.
- When the agency lead completes the task from the Work in Progress section, it moves to the Completed tab.