How to Enable Pop-Up Windows in Web Browsers?
A pop-up blocker is a program that prevents pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.
You can allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker. The instructions are different for different web browsers. This article covers the popular browser types used by our linguists and clients.
By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-ups blocked
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, click Manage exceptions.
- Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK to open the Internet Properties dialog box. Alternatively, open Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Options on the Tools menu to open the Internet Properties dialog box.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then do either of the following:
- Click to select Block pop-ups to turn Pop-up Blocker on.
- Click to clear Block pop-ups to turn Pop-up Blocker off.
To access the pop-up blocker settings:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu then click Options . If you don’t see Tools menu press Alt key on your key board then you will see menu bar across the top of the browser select Tools menu.
- Select the Content panel.
In the content panel:
- Block pop-up windows: Uncheck this to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- Exceptions: List sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups.
The dialog has the following choices:
- Allow: Click this to add a website to the exceptions list.
- Remove Site: Click this to remove a website from the exceptions list.
- Remove All Sites: Click this to remove all of the websites in the exceptions list.
- Open up your Safari Web browser.
- Go to the Safari menu and choose 'Preferences' from the list of choices
- Click on the Security heading.
- Check the box marked 'Block pop-up windows' if you would like Safari to block all popups. Safari will then ask if you would really like to change the setting.
- Click on the 'OK' button in order to change the setting.
- Click on the box again, so it does not have a check mark, if you want Safari to allow popup windows.
- Close the Preferences windows after you are done changing settings.
- Shut down and restart Safari.